The Bookshelf

A place to talk about good books.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, July 08, 2006

This week's books

Here are the books I have finished in the last week or so.

Theodora's Baby by Penny Culliford

Lighthearted Christian fiction, the third in the series - after Theodora's diary and Theodora's Wedding. Theodora spends the three books trying to find her "ministry", to save her "spiritually degenerate" boyfriend and to eat lots of chocolate. A good read and I enjoyed all three books (best to read them in order).


Not Married, Not Bothered by Carol Clewlow

I thought this book sounded interesting but I have to say I didn't really enjoy it. I ploughed on to the end but it was hard going. Don't read this if, like me, you prefer a story to run from beginning to end not to jump back and forth. Also it helps to like the main character and I just found her annoying.


Hot Pursuit by Gemma Fox

Great chick lit, not a deep and meaningful story but good fun. Its all about mistaken identity and results in a chase across the country. Obviously some romance along the way. An enjoyable read, the sort of book you just want to sit and read in one go. She also wrote The Cinderella Moment - another fun read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home