The Bookshelf

A place to talk about good books.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Friday, July 28, 2006

Holiday Reading


Seeing Stars by Christina Jones

Quality chick lit by an excellent author, her books have interesting locations and this one features some characters from previous books. Great fun.


Handbags and Halos by Bernadette Strachan

Chick lit but with a little extra, the main character thinks she is too shallow so decides to do something about it. Some annoying characters but reasonably good read.

Get More Like Jesus While Watching TV by Nick Pollard and Steve Couch

Non fiction and thought provoking, how do you watch tv? The idea is the way you watch tv not so much what you are watching, well worth the read, especially if you watch a bit too much tv!

Fame by Karen Kingsbury

Start of the Firstborn series of christian fiction from an excellent author. Interesting characters and different to put it in the Hollywood location. This series does seem to follow on from the Redemption series so I'm thinking I should have read that first!

How Will I Know by Sheila O'Flanagan

Another excellent read from a good author. A nice chunky book so a good and long read. Very enjoyable, recommend any of her many books.


One Day, Someday by Lynne Barrett-Lee

A good author and not a bad story but I did find the main character a little annoying. How could she not realise how terrible her "boyfriend" was and I'm not convinced the " happy ending" could possibly last.

Land of My Heart by Tracie Peterson

Good read, christian fiction, start of the Heirs of Montana series. Very enjoyable historical fiction. I found this a great read and look forward to the rest of the series, well worth a read.

2 Comments:

Blogger AndieB said...

Hey there!!! Thanks for the comment!!! We shoudl see if we could arrange a book trade off...:) A transatlantic swap :)

August 17, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Patricia Pomeroy Tanner said...

Hi,

My name is Patricia Pomeroy Tanner and that is also my pen name. I like this blog. It is so nice to come across sites that review Christian books. Please check out my blog. I would be thrilled if you would review my book, Mercy Triumphs, ISBN # 1-59453-495-0.

God's blessings,

Patricia

September 27, 2006 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home